Smart Driver Pass
With Smart Driver Pass (SDP), VIL offers a widely deployable, fully digital and fraud-free solution for access control at logistics sites.
status: Closed |
Digital transformation |
Today individual procedures and solutions with badges and identity cards often lead to loss of time and higher costs. Every company and site has its own pasports, security passes, etc… With this project VIL has united these solutions into one accessible application.
A smartphone application which is linked to databases (with information on the driver, vehicle and transport order), will be an easy to use alternative, that will not only provide a solution for many smaller loading and unloading zones, but also be more efficient and safe.
VIL members can download the report (in Dutch) via the VIL library. Non-members can purchase it via our webshop.
- The SDP solution consists of a smartphone application linked to a backend platform, the SDP Portal, and contains information about drivers, vehicles, transport orders and clients
- It is an accessible alternative that not only provides a solution for smaller loading and unloading sites, but can also increase efficiency and security at larger company sites
- SDP uses 3D live facial recognition through the smartphone on which the SDP app is active
- The Smart Driver Pass app was field tested at four different sites. Across all parties, the ability to share information in advance between the driver/carrier and the company site was found to improve the efficiency of the sign-in processes
- A unique value of SDP is that the system can connect to a more extensive (European) database that includes more drivers and contains more data
- For company sites without automation, the SDP Portal is a useful tool to track planned movements to the site. The portal provides an insight into which truck (with info from the carrier, the driver, the scheduled time and any additional documents) will report to the site
- It is clear that the added value of SDP should be seen as a ‘platform’ with integration capabilities with other systems, but which can also be used as a backend for identifying drivers in other applications
Start: October 2019
Total lead time: 26 months
Thirteen companies: Alfapass, Aperam Stainless Steel Belgium, Atlas Copco Airpower, Barry Callebaut Belgium, Brussels Airport Company, D&D Solutions, DistriLog Group, DP World, Fluvius, North Sea Port, Peripass, Port of Antwerp en Zetes.
Would you like to know more?
Contact Dirk Jocquet (email@example.com)