On the one hand, supply and internal logistics must become more flexible and transparent in order to take material transport and transfer away from production workers. On the other hand, more automation is needed to safeguard internal logistics from too much manual work and errors in its planning or control. How can digital technologies/platforms and digitally controlled autonomous mobile robots be implemented more quickly to achieve flexibility and efficiency gains? How can this create added value in practice, also in SME companies? VIL, together with the manufacturing companies and their logistics and ICT partners, will answer all these questions in a very practical way.
- Accelerating and aligning the logistics supply chain to facilitate production changes
- Reducing internal delivery quantities (less stock in production)
- Increasing the predictability of logistical movements
- Relieving operators of non-production tasks
- Drastically reducing the number of errors (missing or wrong components in production)
- Increasing productivity and competitiveness by automating and optimizing the logistics processes on the production floor, the warehouse logistics preceding it and the supply chain of materials and parts